PSPA can now professionally recognize our outstanding students for their artistic merit, leadership, and academic achievement, creating parity with other academic disciplines who sponsor honor societies.
What is NHSDA?
The National Honor Society for Dance Arts™ (NHSDA) is a program of the National Dance Education Organization. It is one of the most exciting benefits that NDEO offers its Institutional Members. The Secondary Program (grades 9-12) was implemented in 2005. The Collegiate Program was implemented in 2012, and a Junior Program (grades 6-8) was separated out from the Secondary Program and officially launched in 2016. To date, there are over 1,000 chapters in the US and over 10,000 students have been inducted in the past two years.
- Distinguish yourself on a college application
- Recognition of your artistic merit, academic achievement, and leadership throughout your educational experience (Junior High – Collegiate)
- You will receive certificates at each level of induction
- You have the opportunity to wear the gold Honor Pin and blue and white Honor Cords at your High School graduation!
- Opportunities for mentorship from PSPA and networking with peers
- Leadership and development opportunities within PSPA’s NHSDA Chapter, opportunities to assist the Chapter Sponsor with Chapter administration, record keeping, fundraising, and event planning
- Opportunity for a NHSDA award for up to $1000
How can I apply?
- Contact the front desk to let us know you are applying!
- Then go online to https://www.nhsda-ndeo.org/
- Click on the Find Your Chapter button to search for Pembroke School of Performing Arts
- Enter Pembroke School of Performing Arts in the Chapter Name field. Then choose your school from the list of results.
- PSPA has both a Junior and Secondary chapter. Make sure to apply to the correct one. Click on the Apply button for the appropriate chapter type.
- Fill out the application form. Remember to check the spelling and capitalization of your name, as that is how it will appear on your certificate.
NHSDA Induction Information
Induction is open to students in grades 6 – 12.
- Junior: Grades 6 – 8
- Secondary: Grades 9 – 12
We will host an annual induction ceremony for all dancers who meet the necessary points in the Spring of each school year.
Induction is based on an accumulation of points:
- Dancers in grades 9-12 (secondary) must achieve 30 points to be eligible for induction, 20 must be earned through participation in chapter site program activities
- Dancers in grades 6-8 (junior) must achieve 15 points to be eligible for induction, 10 must be earned through participation in chapter site program activities
How do I earn points?
We will provide a “point” sheet with additional information but here is a snapshot:
|Completion of hours at a PSPA dance program
||1 point per 45 hours
|Performance in chapter site dance production (including rehearsal time)
||1-3 points per production
|Participation in chapter site dance festival or workshop
||.5 points per day
|Taking a leadership role within NHSDA chapter
||2-3 points per role
|Acting as a class assistant
||1-3 points per event
How do I track points?
Students should track their points and provide the Chapter Sponsor with a record of points earned through the worksheet provided to you. If you need a copy of this worksheet, please contact the front desk.
For points earned outside of chapter activities, verification of points earned should be provided to the Chapter Sponsor through playbills, registration forms, or photos.
Pembroke School of Performing Arts dancers will be performing at 6 local elementary schools this November as they tell the story of Gwendolyn the Graceful Pig.
Gwendolyn the Graceful Pig, is a children’s picture book by David Ira Rottenburg that tells the story of two best friends (pig best friends that is) who have really big dreams. Omar wishes he could be a football player, while Gwendolyn wants nothing more than to be a ballerina.
Using movement and dance, our students will be assisting the author David as he reads his story to the elementary students.
We are always so thankful when given the opportunity to give back to our own community and we truly can’t wait for you to hear this wonderful story!
Check out the website to learn more about the program: http://www.gwendolynthegracefulpig.com/
It’s not too late to sign your child up for dance classes!
Come to our Open House Saturday September 8th from Noon – 3:00 PM.
Come meet our highly qualified (and CORI’ed) faculty and staff members, tour our state-of-the-art facilities, and sign your dancer up for Dance Class!
“I’m not giving away my shot”, so you shouldn’t either: Hamilton the Musical is almost sold out in Boston. But don’t worry, you can still get your fix of the most popular musical to ever hit the stage! Sign up for our Hamilton Workshop and take class from a cast member of the traveling Broadway show!
Who: Dancers Ages 10+ (Open to public)
What: A master dance class with a cast member from the hit show Hamilton
When: September 23, 2018 @ 9-11 AM
Where: Pembroke School of Performing Arts, 30 Corporate Park Dr Ste 400 Pembroke MA 02359
How Much: $75
Questions? Call 781-826-0506
See you then!
* 🏡 DANCE STUDIO OPEN HOUSE 🏡*
Due to overwhelming demand, we are excited to announce that we have added not just 1 but 4 Open House Dates (+ a “PSPA Family Fun Day Open House) to our August Calendar 📆
August 8, 15, 22 @ 4-7 PM
August 12 (Family Fun Day) @ 4-6 PM
August 23 @ 4-7 PM
All Open House events are FREE
Three Reasons Why You Should Attend Dance Studio Open House:
1. Meet The Staff: Attending an Open House gives you an opportunity to meet the staff and instructors who will be working with your children. All PSPA instructors are highly qualified with degrees in their field. *All PSPA Instructors AND Staff have passed the CORI check mandated by the state of Massachusetts*
2. Tour the Facilities: Did you know that there are multiple types of “dance floors”? PSPA offers both marley and wood flooring. Our studio puts safety at the forefront of instruction therefore ALL studio floors are sprung in order to help prevent injury. Touring a studio can be especially beneficial to little dancers as it gives the time to become acquainted with the new space (and staff) before they even walk into their first class.
3. Watch a Class: Open House is a great time to watch a current class in action. This will give you a good idea of the studio’s teaching style, as well as what your dancer might be doing when they get to class. Did you know that PSPA has an Open Viewing Policy? So even if you cannot make it to Open House you can always schedule a time to come in and watch a class!
Open house is a time to ask questions and have fun! We hope to see you at one of our August dates!
Please call: 781-826-0506, email: [email protected], or visit www.pembrokeschoolofperformingarts,com for more information!
You asked for it, we made it happen!
We have had an overwhelming request from our parents and the general public to start up an Adult BEGINNER Tap Class, and now we are thrilled to announce that we have added the class to our Fall Lineup!
Class: Beginner Adult Tap Class
Day & Time: Fridays, 6-7 PM
Ages: 18 +
Experience Needed: Little to NO EXPERIENCE
What to Wear: Comfortable Clothing and Tap Shoes (shoes can be purchased at Plymouth Dancewear
Bring a water, a smile, and join us for some beginner Tap Fun!
Are you an experienced Adult Tapper looking for more of a challenge? Check out our Adult Int-Adv Tap Class
Join us as we dance our way through the calendar year. We will start with the birth of our country as we celebrate Independence Day and end with an exciting “School’s Out- Summer” routine. Reflect with us as we honor our Veterans, remember Pearl Harbor, and celebrate the Late Great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Join our smiling dancers as they revel in the joys of International Taco Day, Cinco De Mayo, and Saint Patrick’s Day. We’ve got all of your favorite holidays covered! So sit back, relax, and enjoy “A Date for Dancing”
Friday, June 22 – 6:00 PM , Doors Open at 5:30 PM
Saturday, June 23 – 6:00 PM , Doors Open at 5:30 PM
Sunday, June 24 – 1:00 PM , Doors Open at 12:30 PM
Sunday, June 24 – 6:00 PM , Doors Open at 5:30 PM
Tickets are $20.00 and can be purchased at the studio or at the door.