PSPA Covid Protocols & Guidelines
General Information Regarding PSPA Re-Opening Plan
Massachusetts Phase 3 – PSPA studio re-opens for group classes July 13, 2020
Dear Dance Parent,
It’s a challenging time as our community begins the Re-Opening Process and the studio moves back to “in-studio” classes starting July 13, 2020 as part of Governors Phase 3 plan.
We’re reaching out to let you know about the protocols and updates we’re implementing at PSPA creating safe dancing space within the studio in light of the Covid Health Crisis.
Summer students will receive “additional, specific” details for your summer classes or day camp
Open House Saturday, July 11th 9:00 – 12:00 / Sunday, July 13th 9:00 – 12:00 and 1:00 – 3:00
PSPA Protocols are as follows (as of June 27, 2020):
Studio General Information:
- PSPA is proud to be one of the core group of Massachusetts Studios to actively contribute and lead the way in defining a Dance Studio specific category and participate in the development of the state guidelines for Dance Studios and re-opening standards due to the COVID Pandemic!
- Staff – All have attended CDC protocol training sessions keeping us up to date as of this time. We continue to monitor for any new or modified items and will remain current in their training
- Class sizes are limited to 10 or less in compliance with group gatherings for Dance Studios
- Studio areas are marked in color coded “personal dance spaces” in order that students are able to visually maintain the recommended minimum 6 foot separation
- Masks are required in all common areas
- Should we have a confirmed case of COVID within the studio, be assured we will notify all that “may” have been exposed
- Separate space screened off for anyone that feels ill to wait for pickup in the lobby area
- As we run multiple studios, “current” published start times may be altered slightly to allow for only one class entering /exiting at a time – you will be notified if this impacts your class
- Common areas are not open to the public during class times without prior arrangements. You may call while here in the paring lot as well for last minute requests and we will accommodate as much as possible depending on schedule and if classes / teachers are in session or transition. Special arrangements and proper social distancing will be in place for our “youngest” students to have a parent in the lobby during class
- Front Desk Hours are limited to promote non-contact interaction. Please feel free to contact us via phone or email until additional Covid Front Desk hours are established
- Acro dance mats are not shared during class and sanitized after each use
- Bathroom will be cleaned and sanitized after each use
- Each studio as well as the office has a sanitation kit
- The lobby is divided by a Sneeze Screen allowing one bathroom for studio 1 & 2 and the other for studio 3 & 4
- Between each class:
- Ballet barre’s, door knobs, doors and frames are wiped down with Lysol or equivalent wipes
- Any props or other items used in class will be sanitized prior to the next use
- Lobby area (counter, doors, door frames, hand rails, etc) will be wiped / cleaned as above
- Regardless of any guidelines, we realize everyone will have their own comfort level and we fully support each and every one of our dance families in their personal decisions during this time of uncertainty
- If your dancer doesn’t feel well please do not allow them come to the studio
- Everyone is required to wear a mask entering and leaving the studio and in common areas
- Everyone will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entering and leaving the studio
- Minimize what belongings you bring with you
- Clearly label all items – including water bottles, etc – Please do not bring any unnecessary personal items
- Each studio will have an identified space for each dancer to place their dance bags / shows, etc – none will be kept in lobby
- Please wash and sanitize your hands if you leave the studio space and re-enter (eg: bathroom, etc)
- If your dancer falls ill at the studio they will be removed from class, placed in the Sick Room in the lobby. You will be contacted for their immediate pick up.
- Masks may be worn in studio if dancer chooses, but are not required in class per CDC guidelines. Must be put on if a dancer enters common space
- Any class cancellations due to COVID related mandated guidelines will result in a full refund of camp or class tuition
- We realize many of our families have been impacted financially due to COVID and as always, if you need assistance in the form of financial aid for dance, please reach out to us so we hay help you to the best of our ability to insure your dancer is able to attend
- We are also modifying our tuition refund policy for the summer camps / classes as follows:
- If you have already registered for a summer class/intensive/camp and have already decided not to attend – Please let us know now and we will refund any tuition paid – just let us know as soon as possible
- If you have registered or will register and planning to attend – Tuition must be paid minimum of 14 days prior to start of class (or prior arrangements made)
- You will receive email specific to your class with additional detail
- There will be NO REFUNDS for cancellations made ten business days or less for any and all Dance/Acro/ Workshops/Camps/Intensives Programs due to the required limited class size and our necessary commitment to staff and dance camp supplies. The exception of course-if class is cancelled due to a ” Shut Down” initiated by Governor Baker.
Please make use of your Jack Rabbit Parent Portal for transactions. Or mail your payments to PSPA 30 Corporate Park Dr. Suite 400, Pembroke Ma 02359
All Protocols are subject to change in accordance with required CDC recommendations and Governor Baker and his committee.
We at PSPA want our dance families to know that the safety and wellbeing of our dancers is our first priority. We intend to keep you informed and ask you to contact us with any concerns you may have or to make us aware of any product suggestions you have encountered. (We are always on the lookout for cleaning supplies and sanitizer!) We wish to thank our returning Students and Dance Families for their continued love and support and extend a warm welcome our new dancers and their families.
Sparkle and Shine,
Miss Kathleen, Mr. Michael and your PSPA Staff