What You Will Learn
Master Classes allow dancers the opportunity to grow technically and artistically in a unique class environment that varies from weekly class training. Work with a new choreographer/teacher and discover a style of dance or philosophy of movement that ignites or even re-ignites your passion! You will test your abilities and they will grow as a new teacher sees you with “fresh eyes”.
Dancers learn to network with others who share a passion for dance while learning how to navigate a crowded room, stand out in a crowd , or handle the pressure and attention in a small group.
Master Classes aid in building confident dancers and help prepare dancers for auditions because once you have a master class under your belt, your next audition will feel just like a master class!
Liberate Artists in-house dance competition convention with Kate Harpootlian (SYTYCD), Ashley Marinelli, and Dani Bensky. Three dancers were chosen to be Liberate Artists LLC Dance Captains for the 2017 season! They had the opportunity to travel across the U.S. and assist elite instructors and choreographers as they taught classes. These dancers assisted instructors like Comfort (SYTYCD), Misha Gabriel, and more!
Logan Hernandez Contemporary Master Dance ClassSo You Think You Can Dance
Logan was an excellent teacher and really worked well with all ages and experience levels. He even allowed the dancers to record themselves performing his choreography and post it on their own social medias (this is rare)! One of our students stated that it was one of the best classes she has ever taken. It takes a lot to evoke certain emotions in teenagers, but Logan did it. Check out Logan’s incredible talent on Instagram
Matt Lopez & Melissa Ramos: Hip HopSteps on Broadway & Broadway Dance Center
We regularly invite Matt Lopez and Melissa Ramos to our studio to teach Hip Hop Classes. They will be joining us again this summer at Elevate Dance Intensive to teach Hip Hop Classes!
Matt Lopez is a Broadway Dance Center Faculty member and has performed with many big name celebrities like Hilary Duff, Nicki Minaj, Sean Kingston, and Wyclef Jean. Lopez teaches Hip Hop/Funk Master Classes in the US and abroad in The Philippines and The UK.
Melissa Ramos has trained extensively in ballet, modern, and jazz on full scholarship at Ballet Hispanico. She continued her studies at Steps on Broadway and Broadway Dance Center where she also studied hip hop and street jazz from some of the most sought out dance teachers/choreographers.
Past Master Classes
- Kyle Van Newkirk– World Champion Tapper USA
- Ramone Owens – Motown The Musical
- Sammie Nicole – STARS Dance Company
- Rory Freeman – Shaping Sound
- Andrew Nemr– Co-Founder Tap Legacy Foundation, Adjunct Faculty Queens College, TED Fellow
- Erika Hebron – Oklahoma!
- CK Edwards – Billy Elliot, After Midnight, Shuffle Along
- Kate Harpootlian – So You Think You Can Dance, Dancing with the Stars, Shaping Sound
- Dani Bensky – NYC choreographer, teacher, Disney World performer
- Ashley Marinelli– Justin Beiber, Ne-Yo, Mariah Carey music videos, founder of Marinelli New Dance Theatre
- Matt Lopez-Broadway Dance Center
- Melissa Ramos-Steps on Broadway, Brooklynette Dancer
- Trodrick Hall – Dancer, Actor, Producer